Monday, June 7, 2010

Ballpark Food

Well, once again it's been well over 90 today. Let me tell you what this does to me. It makes me cranky. It makes me tired. It makes me cranky. So. Here is how our day goes : wake up, shower, eat, play, shop, snack, shop, eat lunch, take a nap, shop, go swimming/workout, eat, shower, d's bedtime, ari sits on the computer :) 

With the weather being so disgusting, I've been craving really simple meals that don't require turning on a 400 degree oven. Today's activities just simply reminded me of hot summer days at the little league ballpark watching my dad coach and my brother play. We almost always got a FRITO PIE! MMMMM! I usually make these in the winter with my homemade chili, but today, it was popping open a can of veggie chili. 

Recipe :

Big ol' bowl of chili cheese fritos
big ol' scoop of veggie chili
big ol' handful of shredded cheese (some like velveeta)
big ol scoop of sour cream

Pile first three ingredients in a bowl, throw it in the microwave until desire hotness, slap on some sour cream, mix it all up and chow down! oooh... puppy chow sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment