Saturday, June 5, 2010

Back to Basics

At the end of this ridiculous week, I just didn't have much left in me. I have to give myself some serious kudos, though. Danika HATES vegetables. I know from my mom, my own experience, my own education that despite this fact, it's still important to offer them to her daily. I have to admit ... I'm not so good at that. Partially because Nate won't eat them, either, and so what's the point of taking time to cook veggies when I'm the only one eating them? 

Well. This week, so far, out of 6 days, Danika has had vegetables on her dinner plate 4 days! Yay me! Of course she didn't eat them, but this was a big step for me! 

The last few days ... dinner has consisted of ...

Friday: french bread pizza / caramelized apples and sweet potatoes
Saturday: Spaghetti / french bread / apple slices

At the moment? I'm enjoying a fresh cup of hot peppermint tea as I sit in a comfy chair at Barnes and Noble. There are just some very simple and enjoyable moments in life and this happens to be one of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment