Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Always Hungry!

Seriously. I am so tired of eating every stinking hour. The food I make is delicious but good heavens, it'd be nice to stop shoving my face full. 

Tonight's adventure? Red Curry Tofu with Brown Rice and Vegetables

1 pound sweet potatoes, 1" cubed
1 pack extra firm tofu, 1" cubed
4 T canola oil
1/2 C veggie broth
2 t red curry paste
1 T brown sugar
1 14 oz can lite coconut milk
2 T lime juice
2 C instant brown rice

In a small pan, heat oil and cook tofu in 2 T oil until browned. As it's cooking, heat 2 T oil and cook sweet potato about 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, veggie broth, and curry paste. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes (at this point I added in frozen cauliflower, carrots and snap peas). Add in brown sugar and tofu and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Cook instant brown rice (um, or non instant if you have time and patience) and mix into delicious curry sauce! 

Thoughts: 

Him ...(from her) Um. I didn't bother asking :) I went to prenatal yoga and left him to eat on his own, as I didn't want to hear complaints about tofu! 

Her: Eh. I've had better. It was an easy recipe to follow, but maybe my taste buds were just not having it tonight. It wasn't very heavy, which I'm feeling the need for these days. It could have had added some spiceness, maybe, but the sweet potato in it was PHENOMENAL. Yum! 

D: She ate a few sweet potatoes before feeling the need to dip them in her milk, which led her to eat no more. She wrinkled her nose when she touched the tofu and I knew THAT was out. But she ate quite a few spoonfuls of the rice/curry sauce mixture, so I can call it somewhat of a success.

Verdict ... great idea, need a new recipe. this was not a winner for the Hall family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment