Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

I decided to start blogging about my cooking adventures, simply because I've gotten such joy out of them. I never, ever imagined I'd be a wife that makes a delicious dinner each night ... grilled cheese and tomato soup, french bread pizza, and pasta with salad used to be my gourmets! Somewhere in this pregnancy I started to get an inkling for more flavorful dishes and thus began my adventures in cooking. I started menu planning, which actually reduced my grocery bill dramatically. I had a challenge ahead of me, as my husband LOVES meat, and I refuse to cook it in fear of food poisoning him or Danika. So ... began the journey of finding dishes everyone in my family would love that would satisfy this little baby growing in my belly. 

A few of my favorite things I've discovered over the last few months ...

* Quorn hydrolyzed vegetable protein meat substitutes (particularly chicken)
* a wide range of sizes in cooking pots, pans and baking dishes ... 
* silicone baking pans in a variety of sizes
* ricotta cheese. feta cheese. goat cheese. CHEESE. 
* Herbs
* storage containers for leftovers :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment